Willen House - Student Housing
In Association with City University London
Willen House - Student Housing
What happens if I want to vacate the room before the end of the rental period?

You need to contact the Student Centre at City University as soon as you know when you’re leaving. They will do their best to find another postgraduate student at the university to take over your room. You can also find someone yourself, but any new resident needs to be a City postgraduate.

The new resident pays a deposit and signs a new agreement which commits them to paying the rent for the rest of the rental period. At this point your deposit will be returned, along with any rent money owing to you.

If neither you nor the Student Centre succeeds in finding a replacement tenant then unfortunately you will be liable for the remainder of the rent due up to the end of the rental period. This is explained in the Licence Agreement (clause 32).